The sensing textile adds, expands and improves the properties of the original textile application. Electronics embedded in textiles or clothing provide extra value to the user. The sensing solution enables the clothing or textiles to record, analyse, transmit and display the data. The data can extend the users senses, augment the user’s view of reality and provide useful information, anytime and anywhere. Sensing textile materials are lightweight, flexible, elastic, washable and can even tolerate decontamination procedures like disinfection and sterilization.
A textile sensor is able to detect and measure the user and the environment. It is meant be used for a long term measurement. Electrodes made of textile fibre material are a competing technology for the old-school plastic-moulded electrodes. Textile electrodes are comfortable and soft during use, while the plastic electrode has a less flexible surface, which may also feel uncomfortable and even irritate the skin during the skin contact. A textile electrode is lightweight, flexible, and even stretchable, and can be formed and shaped almost without limitations. The formable textile electodes provide solution for the production in smaller lots because the variation required for different applications is easy to accommodate. The flexibility in all directions of an electrode is an important property e.g. in body-monitoring applications, where proper skin contact with the textile electrode is essential.
For bodymonitoring measurements
Heart rate, heart rate variability, heart activity (ECG)
Stress level and sleep quality (ECG)
Brain function and vitality level (EEG)
Muscle rate and balance (EMG)
Body motions and postures (EMG)
Body composition; fat content and fluid balance (EBI)
Lung function (EIT)
Respiration rate and frequency
FOR VARIOUS OTHER FUNCTIONS
- Signal and power transfer
- Detectors and actuators
- EMI – shielding
- Static dissipation control (ESD)
Application areas for sensing textiles
The sophisticated manufacturing technologies enable the invisible and seamless integration of electronics or the other hard components to textile product. On the other hand elastic textile electrodes and cables can be bonded onto fabric without losing the elasticity of the layer structure.
Lamination and bonding of components
The service concept covers all the back-end services from idea creation to production management. Planno has a reliable and a global network of professionals and suppliers in entire supply chain of textile-based products.
- Managing concept design process
- Data gathering methods
- Facilitation of workshops
- Idea creation
- Idea evaluations
Product design, research and development
- Product design
- Electronic component integration
- Specifying and validating
- Material properties
- Material suppliers
- Manufacturing technologies
Production management via global supplier network
- Production management
- Effective production development
- Manufacturing process
- Sophisticated assembly technologies
- Laser cutting
- Ultrasonic welding
- Laminating and coating
- Quality management development
Global supply chain development
- Building effective supply chain
- New supplier sourcing and validation
- Supplier evaluation systems
- Operational manuals for sourcing
D.Sc Elina Ilén, CEO
- D.Sc. Tech in Material Science, Thesis: "Decontamination of Wearable Textile Electrodes for Medical and Health Care Applications (Wearable Technology)
- M.Sc. Tech in Fiber, Textile and Clothing Science, Thesis: Childrens cold protective clothing (Clothing Physiology)
- Co-inventor of five patents in the area of wearable technology
- Inventor of ReimaGO -Concept in year 2015. www.reimago.com
- Deep knowledge of functional, high-tech and smart and electronic materials and textiles.
- Strong understanding of the neswest manufacturing technologies of texile products
- Reliable global supplier and professional network in entire supply chain for all kind of textile-based products.
- 20 -year global experience of innovation management, R&D projects, production ramp-ups and quality management of wearable electronics, high-tech textiles and garments
- Expert level knowledge of Asian business culture with strong personal relationships
- Post Doc Researcher in Aalto University, School of Arts and Design, Main topic: The Long term vital functions measurements via textiles electrodes for medical research and diagnostics.